This is the last week of The Rug Quilt Quilt-A-Long. Share your progress on Instagram and tag me @brownbirddesigns useing #theRugQuiltALong and #trqalweek6. The winner of week five is @mumbird3; I will be sending you two charm packs and a Quilter t-shirt. The more weeks you participate the greater your chance of winning. When I reveal the next step I will announce a new winner here on my blog. The prizes have gotten larger as the quilt has progressed, now we are at the last week and the prize is sooo cool! I almost want to keep it. 😉 JK. I thought I would show it off, just for fun and maybe make you drool a little (yes that is a Tula Pink Seam Ripper). If you missed the entire Quilt-A-Long, you can still make the quilt; see all of the steps here.
- Cut six 6″ strips.
- Pin and sew two strips together on shorter edge. Press flat. Repeat for a total of three.
- Pin and sew one of these large strips to the right side of the quilt top. Press flat.
- Pin and sew one of these large strips to the left side of the quilt top. Press flat.
- Trim off the excess and square up each side.
- Pin and sew the excess strips to both sides of the leftover strip.
- Pin and sew the strip to the top of the quilt. Press flat. Trim excess.
- Pin and sew the strip to the bottom of the quilt. Press flat. Trim excess.
YOU CAN JUMP IN AT ANY TIME. THESE ARE THE PAST STEPS
I can’t believe how fast this Quilt-A-Long has gone by. I really need to get a move on! I have been working on my Quilt Con quilt (deadline Nov 30) and haven’t had a chance to put together other ways to use the 29 blocks I still have… Ahhhh. Wish me luck!